Tuesday, December 7, 2010

take me over, now take me out.

Due to my decision to temporarily deactivate Facebook and go on a indefinite hiatus from Twitter (aka I logged out) as of last Saturday night, I must now blog to compensate for my lack of involvement on the interwebs. I know it's still early in my sudden withdrawal from these social networks, but surprisingly enough, I don't miss them too much - if at all. Ok fine, I admit that I do miss making my routine tweets every couple of hours throughout the day. But as far as Facebook goes, I haven't really thought about it (until now I guess). I mean when I'm on Facebook, all I ever do is cyber-creep my "friends" pages anyways. That's not exactly what I would call "staying connected" as it is more just plain damn nosey! Besides, I need not to be concerned with anyone else's business but my own especially now more than ever, with final exams forcing themselves onto us like date rape. Exams of course, being the underlying reason for my graceful exit from these social networks. The theory is that I'll be able to concentrate better and be more productive with my time if I wasn't spending it "liking" so-and-so's status or reading what current contest Whitney Port is tweeting about.

The next several weeks are not going to be my cup of tea, but I'm doing (trying) this thing where I complain less and just deal with it. Lately, the "dealing with it" approach has proven to be quite powerful, and I'm not talking just about school. I often wonder why I find myself in these sticky situations, but then I realize that I have no one to blame but myself. I'm responsible. Therefore, I need to make better decisions. I need to stop doing this to myself. I mean self-destruction is all artsy-tortured-soul and cool or whatever, but enough is enough. I think I deserve better. And the truth of the matter is, I always knew. I knew it wouldn't have worked out. I knew there was never really anything there, yet I pursued it none the less. It's fair to say that my curiosity and plain BOREDOM gets me into trouble sometimes (a lot of times). Oh well, lessons were hopefully learned, and life moves on. It wasn't you, it was just the idea of it, and that's all. So getting back to the point, I'm dealing with it.

On the brights, once hell week is over, I shall shop myself silly as I always do, and spend time with my favourite friends (yes, favouritism). Coffee-dates, dinners, and mini road-trips, not tomention Christmas and New Years oh my! They are my most loved.

Wow, wait. Did I just make an ACTUAL blog entry? Ridiculous.

p.s.- I have completely fallen in love all over again with Blair Waldorf. Seriously, we all need a Blair in our lives. That bitch can do anything! And all while wearing Louboutins and carrying a Chanel bag. Not to mention she has such a witty sense of humour. No matter what happens in England, my queen will ALWAYS be B.