Sunday, May 16, 2010

The weather this weekend has been so nice! Loving it. This is the spring that I live for and look forward to every year, not the freak-snow-storms-in-the-middle-of-May kind of spring. I've been spending the last bit of my mini break not necessarily soaking up the sun, but getting some ray action in here and there. Today I took a stroll on Uptown 17th avenue with my dad. I seriously love walking on 17th during the spring/summer seasons, even if it's just for some window shopping or enjoying a gelato. I've always also wanted sit on the patio of one of the many bars on 17th, sipping a cool drink with good company, and just watching the types of people that walk by. If I ever had the privilege of moving to dowtown, I would definitely find myself a condo or apartment near this avenue of outdoor shopping strip goodness. They have many local shops that are exclusive to Calgary, as well as so much selection for clothing, accesories, shoes, etc. that cannot be found elsewhere in Calgary. Fortunately for me, my dad was feeling generous today, so he bought me my very first pair of boat shoes!! I got these from Gravity Pope. This store has the nicest shoes you will ever find, expecially for guys. Not only is there so much to choose from, but it's all in good taste (I'm talking Sperry Top Sider; H by Hudson; John Varvatos; NDC; and the list goes on and on, not to mention limited edition Vans and Converses). Back to my shoes, you have no idea how long I've wanted these (eversince I saw Chuck Bass wearing a pair on GG in season 1). I can't wait to be walking around in these babies soon, and to pair them with some DIY cutoff shorts or rolled up denim. I think I might even wear them tomorrow on my first day back for the spring semester. It's places like 17th, that make me hate Calgary a little less. We definitely need more outdoor shopping strips.