Monday, May 17, 2010

Lately I've been thoroughly enjoying listening to songs that have some angst and kick to them - that and with side of "Fuck you" perfectly strung into the lyrics in perfect proportions. I assure you, this is not how I'm feeling (well at least not consciously anyways). Maybe I'm leaning towards these angry tunes because I'm a little pissed off myself and don't really know why. It may have to do with the fact that I'm still jobless, or that I now spend my Mondays and Wednesdays slaving away in organic chemistry from 9am-5pm (you do the math - that's 8 f*cking hours!) But those are just guesses. I'm mysterious like that.

Here are my top picks for songs that you can be pissed off at the world listening to (yet still feel cool and hip):
1. Kiss With A Fist - Florence + The Machine
2. Tape Song - The Kills
3. Hang Me Up To Dry - Cold War Kids

Enjoy! Because angry looks good on you.