Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Shearling Darling

Moi

So like I 'tweeted' several days ago (follow me --> http://twitter.com/_vctr_) on Twitter, I noticed that on the Fall 2010 runways there was a recurrent trend of Shearling Coats. Up until now, I had no idea that's what these coats were referred to, I actually don't even remember where I read or how I figured out that these types of coats are called "shearling coats". But the fact remains, shearling is the new military jacket of the season - which by the way I never found another military coat other than the too small Stella McCartney one at Gap Kids, it's still devastating. Back to the shearling, according to Wikipedia they are basically sheep or lamb skin pelt that goes through a shearing proccess to create a consistant texture throughout the wool. Yeah, that went straight through my head too. Whatevs, it looks like fur, just imagine an afro version. Now if that doesn't sound appealing, I don't know what does!

Now speaking of Gap Kids, and in relation to this trend, I was able to find my old shearling jacket from Gap Kids from the time I was ELEVEN (See above photo). I'll post a better photo soon that shows the entire jacekt, but this photo taken right before I left for school yesterday morning will have to do for now. But it amazes even me that I can still fit into it. Not only that, but it's actually a perfect fit all around other than the sleeves which are about two inches too short. The sleeves aren't a problem though since I have a habit of rolling up any and all sleeves if possible. So what? I like to show a little wrist cleavage. It's my perogative.


Burberry Prorsum


YSL

Band of Outsiders

Prada


All photos from GQ.com