Monday, December 28, 2009

Is it that time of year already?! 2009 has come and gone faster than Nicole Richie's and Lindsay Lohan's stints in jail combined! I can recall last year's New Year's festivities clearly, and well let's just say that I remember them not because of what they were, but what they weren't...

The itinerary seemed good in theory; the location being a bar located on the trendy uptown 17th Ave, where we would be in good company, and then we would all taxi it home after the big countdown (and after everyone had their "Happy New Year's" shots and before we all turned back into house-slave Cinderellas). However in practice, the "trendy" bar was basically a SPORTS BAR (Um yeah, No Thanks) and the "good company" were a whole bunch of rowdy Hockey fans as a Flames game was on...great...I could honestly care less. Not to mention I felt sick after only an hour being there and couldn't drink anymore until just before midnight, which sucked because what's New Year's eve without alcohol abuse? Following midnight, we WALKED, yes WALKED, no Taxi, for blocks on end to the train station, where we train-ed it back to the where we lived, then WALKED several hundred blocks more to a friend's house where we finally got rides home. All that walking would've been fine if maybe it wasn't 1am in the morning, fucking freezing, in the dark, and about 50 blocks to many and did I mention? fucking freezing! My friend's hair turned WHITE from frost that accumlated on her hair. I was pretty miserable for about a good hour or so getting home.

Okay, I mean the night wasn't all that bad (if you disregard all the above ranting, and damn am I good at bitchin' or what?!), I was with two of my closest friends and yeah it wasn't a terrible New Year's, but just not one that I had hoped for.

So THIS year, my friends and I are hoping to trade up our New Year's experience, but so far, no groundwork has been laid. We are basically TWO nights away from the eve of 2010 and we have no idea what we're doing >:[

Boo to indecisiveness and poor planning skills. Story of my life.