Sunday, October 4, 2009

Wild Things

So when I went to this page (at long last) and realized that my latest post was still the one where I bitched about some Bitch who bitched at me, I decided that my blog was in definite need of a new entry!

Okay, so is it just me, or did "fall" last for like ONE WEEK?!? It seemed like Calgary experienced an extended summer, with 30-degree weather persisting well into and throughout September, and then we maybe experienced fall weather for a couple days, and then BAM! It's fucking SNOWING! I mean, seriously? Ugh. I was looking forward to layering my clothes and living in sweaters and easing my way back into wearing jackets again (and finally be able to wear my trench coat that I bought 6 months ago....) but NOT full on wearing my puffy winter coat!! That's Calgary weather for you.

But on the brights, METRIC is coming to Calgary on October 30th, and guess who has tickets??? This will be the second time that I'll be privileged to be in prescence of their musical greatness. Can't. Wait. And speaking of concerts, another one that I was supposed to go to, got the AXE (Thanks to Mr. Ima Let You Finish). I'm talking about the FAME KILLS TOUR. WhatTheFuck. But apparently Lady G will be touring solo and the tour dates for that will be announced within this week! Fingers crossed that she's still coming to Calgary...because in all honesty, I was only going to FAME KILLS for HER! I even "tweeted" her, pleading for her to come here so that I can see her Pokerface all over my face!

I'm also super stoked to go see this when it comes out on October 16th:



I'll definitely be sporting my Where The Wild Things Are t-shirt when I go watch this. Haha, so lame of me, I know.

Must Listen:
1) Half Mast - Empire Of The Sun
2) Passenger Seat - Death Cab For Cutie (I'm a sucker for two things; songs with piano in it, and death cab for cutie. And this song has BOTH! It's really a beautifully composed song)